Re: SVRA/HSR

To: SandFlea07@aol.com, Jdlewis356@aol.com, HTurner@sgrlaw.com
Subject: Re: SVRA/HSR
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:56:18 EST
In a message dated 3/18/03 7:25:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, SandFlea07
writes:

> .  I, (we) fully intend to make the changes rather than run ballast.
> Besides, our son, mechanic and crew chief, has informed me we would greatly
> benefit from a charging system.

Harland,

Thanks for identifying yourself. I guess I will have to write a followup for
the newsletter because some folks are confused like you said.

You DO NOT have to run ballast unless you are at or below minimum weight.
Most cars are overweight by more than the penalties so there is really no
difference except to cars that are right at the limit.

It would be nice to see cars that have the proper period ancillaries but I
know there is a practical limit as to what can be mandated in this respect.
It does seem that there is a growing groundswell amongst the competitors to
rectify the problem, many not having ever known what was period correct since
their only model is what they see at Vintage races nowadays. I believe it is
the responsibility of those who were involved in racing during the period to
council the newbies and to present their own cars within the spirit rather
than the letter of present rules or lack thereof.

jw