Re: Calling all gearbox gurus...

To: listreader@pvision.co.uk
Subject: Re: Calling all gearbox gurus...
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:34:43 -0500
Have a look at my page on Triumph c/r gear sets at
http://triumph.hottr6.com/tr6drivetrain.html

The most commonly available gear set is out of the Dolomite.  As you can see
from the table on my web site, it makes o/d useless except on 4th.  I'd be
interetsed in hearing about changing o/d ratios.

The Dolomite has a different input shaft, so you will also need to swap out
the clutch pressure plate.

Clearly, the best way to go are the dog boxes, which have to be worth
several 10'ths of a second per lap.  They are kinda hard on everything else,
though.

Shane Ingate in Maryland