RE: LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE

To: <rickyocum@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE
From: <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:45:51 -0700
Here's another thing to consider: auto parts are not normally covered by a
homeowner's policy.  Tools, equipment are covered (although I am still
trying to figure out why Craftsman tools can be depreciated: they're
guaranteed for life, for crissakes).  But as I reassemble the Nova, I keep
finding missing parts (mini-starter, clutch linkage, etc.) and I am told,
basically, that this is my tough luck.  And this comes after a taped
interview in which I had to state that I ran in competition in which there
was no prize money (trying to invalidate the coverage on the basis that I
was involved in a commercial operations).  I finally told the adjuster that,
yes, it was possible for someone to financially benefit from my racing: the
beneficiary of my life insurance policies!

I will say that my experience with Cincinnati Insurance Company has been far
less than satisfactory, so another word to the wise.

As I continue to work through this break-in, I become increasingly
intolerant of criminal activity and have expanded my (suggested) list of
capital crimes considerably.  I put in a lot of years to accumulate what I
have, however meager that total might be.  And some low-life SOB feels he
can break into my garage and take a portion of it away?  I truly hope they
find it in their black heart to return and kick in the door while I am
there.  I will serve as a one-man welcoming committee.

And then there's this final word of advice: Don't "conceal" the fact that
you are present...as in parking your car at another location.  This, I am
told by my attorney, could invite a charge of "entrapment,"  That's how far
this thing has gone...the wrong way.

Bitter.  Ohh, perhaps just a bit.  But learn from my lesson.  Get a clear
understanding of what is covered by your insurance policy and be certain you
have a complete inventory of your shop.  And keep a ball bat handy...or
something a bit more convincing.  I've settled on a 38, and that's not the
bat length.

Rick Yocum
66 Nova TransAm