1275 Bugeyes, 2.0l + Alfa's - Stirring the Pot

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 Bugeyes, 2.0l + Alfa's - Stirring the Pot
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 22:27:17 EDT
OK List,

Since the 1275 Bugeye's seemed to stir the pot so much, let's see what the
thoughts are here....

Anything over a 1750 in an Alfa GTV....legal/not legal?

Guys are running 2.0liter + motors with carbs.  Alfa's first came with 2.0L
motors in '69, but with fuel injection, I believe...yet there are an
ABUNDANCE of >1750 Alfa GTVs (and variants..Sprint Veloce's, etc.).

My personal view is that a 1750 is as big as you should be able to legally
run with carbs...2.0L + should be year appropriate and run fuel injection.
Just my 2 cents worth.  I should note that there's some damn fast ones out
there running 1300's, 1600's, and 1750's, however.

CSRG has allowed such variants but is cracking down.  CSRG's cutoff year is
'67, but they allow newer "continuation" cars, like the GTV.  Thus a '69 GTV
could conceiveably run 2.0L with fuel injection, but not carbs.  A carb'd
engine would be 1750 max, I believe.

And as always, you can run pretty much damn near anything at VARA.  How about
elsewhere???

OK, watch out, BMWs are next!

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (1558 - not a stroker tall block 1700, I swear!) Cortina Mk1 #128