Re: 1275 Bugeyes, 2.0l + Alfa's - Stirring the Pot

To: borrani@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Bugeyes, 2.0l + Alfa's - Stirring the Pot
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:58:27 EDT
Steve:

Thanks for setting me and the record straight.   Us Ford guys often need
tutoring!

I'd have to say I have two opinions of all this....one is I don't really care
who's running what, I just like to go out and have fun with my friends and as
long as everyone has their head "screwed on straight" when they're behind the
wheel, the finishing order is unimportant....some days I beat you, some days
you beat me.

On the other hand, the sport needs SOME semblance of order and control, or we
do see the 935 powered 356, 427 c.i. Locort, or F40 powered GTA turning up
(or something a bit more than original and NOT quite up to this
exaggeration).  I'd also venture to stick my neck out and suggest that
EVERYONE out there is cheating on SOMETHING...its a matter of degree.  After
all, when our cars were raced originally, everyone tried to INTERPRET the
rules to the fullest advantage.  For some, its the attention to detail and
efficiency for squeezing the last fraction of a HP out of an engine or a few
more ounces of weight off the car.  For others, its more brute force...if big
is good, bigger is better.

Much of this falls to the sanctioning bodies and organizers to sort out.  But
I think WE, as racers should also speak up and let our friends know when we
think they've stepped a bit too far over the line.  There's nothing quite as
intimidating as PEER pressure from your friends.

Just a thought...

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128