Re: Bell Mag 4 Helmet

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bell Mag 4 Helmet
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 10:11:59 -0500
One more comment on full face helmet.

I won an SCCA National race some years ago at Taladaga on the old road
course in my Lotus 23.  They give me a victory lap with my wife in the
car.  During the victory lap it started to sprinkle a little tiny bit of
rain.  I toured the high bank in 3rd gear, slow to me, but noticed my
wife looking for all the world like she was in great pain.

When the victory lap was over I asked her why she looked so bad.  Seems
3rd gear in the 23, geared for Taladaga, was around 100 MPH, and those
tiny drops that meant nothing to me in the full face helmet, were
hurting her face like crazy. Tiny drops at 100 MPH are nothing to sneeze
at.  Think about tiny stones at even faster speeds!!!!!

Larry Dent