RE: Armstrong Shock Rebuilds

To: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Armstrong Shock Rebuilds
From: Keith Franck <kdfranck@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
I can instruct you on how to do it yourself. Repaired
the ones on our Lotus_41 on several occasions after
damage occurred when a corner was torn away. Maybe
even have some hand drawn drawings of the key
components like the mainshafts filed away. I've made
my own mainshafts in the past. This type of shock is
really simple to repair though. I've even removed
large dents in the tube housing which most people
would have judged to be hopeless to fix.

Have to admit we retired the originals recently and
installed modern day doubly adjusting ones.
Regards,
Keith
ps: Larry don't be confused. I'm talking about the
plunger type shocks now and not the lever type.