Re: Thank you of sorts - Viruses, Worms etc

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thank you of sorts - Viruses, Worms etc
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
As a non-expert I'll just pass on the advice I got from the
IT guys at work - use Netscape instead of Internet
Explorer. It won't protect you from everything (you still
need Norton or McAfee and a firewall) but it does reduce
the chances significantly. Seems that many bug writers
specifically target IE files and don't bother to target
Netscape because they only have about 5% of the market. In
practice I find no real difference between them - even have
a slight preference for Netscape.

No - I don't work for Netscape.
No - I don't own any of their stock.

Derek