Rebuilds/Rebodies

To: walt.boeninger@hp.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilds/Rebodies
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:09:47 EDT
Walt and all:

The bogus Cobra 7 coupe story is similar to a number of Ferrari cases where a
genuine Ferrari chassis/engine (often a 250 GTE, or some other less expensive
donor car) ended up becoming a GTO, or a TR, or some other replicant of
something it simply never was.

Just because you have a Cobra chassis and/or ID plate, doesn't mean you once
owned #7 of 6 made Cobra Daytona coupes!  Guys who do this are no better than
the guys building Ferris Bueller CA Sypders or Miami Vice Corvette Daytona
Spyders in my opinion.

I was actually reading an ad in the current issue of Hemmings while sitting
on the can this morning (seemed like an appropriate place for this).  The ad
was for a GT40 replica, and the ad stated, and I quote, "own a piece of
recreated history"!!

Like someone in the car business once said, "There's an ass for every seat".

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #!28