RE: Tire Recommendation

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tire Recommendation
From: "David R. Mapes" <dmapes@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:48:25 -0400
At 07:52 PM 9/22/03 -0600, you wrote:
>How about Hoosier Vintage TD tires?
Hey Phil,

The Hoosiers are "technically" DOT leagal but
not really recomended for a drive TO the track.
A better choice would be the Toyo Proxes RA-1
in 205 50 15 or 225 50 15.  I've run the 225 50
15 Toyo RA-1s through 15 autocrosses (including
a local C Prepared win) and about 2500 miles of
street driving on my '66 Barracuda and they still
have a fair amount of dry weather life left (not
much tread left though).  I'm confident enough
in the consistancy of these tires over time that
I've bought a set of 1 year old used ones for
next season with the certanty that I'll be as
quick on them as I would be on new ones.

http://www.toyo.com/tires/index_frame.html

or direct to the RA-1 spec' sheet:

http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_specsheet.cfm?id=1

>http://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm  click: specs > historic
>
>Larry Hoy

All the Best!  Dave  ;^)
'66 Formula S Barracuda, CP/Vinatage (GoldFish)
'66 C code Mustang Coup, CP (Ol'Beastly)
'91 Sundance, HS (150,000 miles and counting)
'97 Cherokee
Lame Horse Racing
College Park, MD
http://www.erols.com/dmapes/