SimpleSevens New Year Update!

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens New Year Update!
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:34:46 -0800 (PST)
Happy New Year!

SimpleSevens is starting out 2004 with a few newly
listed Sevens - Most relatively early S2 cars. One is
of interest as it went through the 'Magnificent
Sevens' program at DSK back in 1980 and is an example
of a Seven they rebuilt without going overboard; a BMC
powered Seven has left our shores for Denmark; a UK
owner seeks early history of his car, and a California
vintage racer shows up in Mike Ostrov's shop for a bit
of rewiring after an electrical fire.

Also of interest is a Seven known as 'Humbug'. This
car, offered for a while on race-cars.com, has changed
hands and the new California owner seeks any history,
detail information and photos of the car as it was
campaigned by Barry Foley and Robin Hall in the late
60's and early 70's.

I have  a couple of more leads to follow up on DSK
Bulletins and have also talked DSK history with Pat
Prince (Prince Race Engineering) who has promised to
put me in touch with the elusive Tom Robertson. I've
also got word that Robertson's TR7 beating Seven is in
Detroit, so will continue to try to track  it down as
well.

Relating to earlier Lotus times, last week I met with
John Posselius of European Motors Inc. He was the
primary midwest dealer of Lotus cars through his
Triumph dealership in the late 50's and early 60's.
Though getting on in age, his memories seem sharp and
he assured me one of his sons retains the company's
records of Lotus dealings... a veritable gold mine to
researchers of Sevens, Elevens, Elites and Fifteens.
I'll do my best to continue to follow that lead.

Flemming -  I promise my sights will be set on the
West after this one :-)

Lastly another big THANK YOU to George and Barry, who
have seen fit to make contributions to help me keep
this thing going. From all the email I receive, I know
that my efforts are appreciated by many, and it is
heartening to know that a few appreciate my work to
the extent that they are willing to actually provide
some degree of financial support.

With that, I suggest you get on to SimpleSevens -- and
enjoy! http://www.simplesevens.com

Cheers,
John Donohoe
SimpleSevens