Re: Ca. Vehicle registration

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ca. Vehicle registration
From: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:35:46 -0700
I would not go through Titles Unlimited.  California DMV
is in the middle of lawsuits with them over replica Cobras ..
In fact, I believe they got shutdown:

   http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/7oys/112304_7oys_title_fraud_folo.html

The issue of "name your own sales price" will come back to bite you.

It should be a simple matter to have CHP verify the VIN, then
go to DMV and get a Title (No registration, so no insurance required)
This is how my Trans Am car was done in 1987.  It had never
been titled in California, had the correct original VIN on the
chassis.  You can always register it later ..No Smog required.

Walt
-----