PVGPA Historics

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: PVGPA Historics
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:43:07 -0400
OK everyone, now is the time to get involved with a new racing tradition.
   Last year the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association decided to
expand on the Schenley Park Vintage Grand Prix and started the PVGPA
Historics at BeaveRun. The Schenley Park Grand Prix has grown into the
longest continuous street race in the world. After 20+ years we have gotten
quite good at putting on a racing event! And we have done a good job, with
your help, of closing in on the 2 million dollar mark for our charities.
The Autistic Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny School.
  So now here is an opportunity for you to get in on what is going to grow
into the "must do" Historic Races of the season. Like I said we at PVGPA
know how to run a race. Our safety record is outstanding our workers are
the best . Track time for the dollar is unequalled anywhere (Last year
people were easing up by the end of the weekend as they had run their tires
off) And it is a great family weekend. From the time you drive in to the
end of the day on Sunday, Goodie Bags, driver education, worker and
spectator rides, an Hawaiian Pig Roast Dinner ( not included with entry but
not much more).
  racing 6 race groups for just about any type of car or driver. (Cut off
year for most cars is 1972, there are exceptions and for more info please
contact me)
  We are looking for big Ground Pounders, Mustang, Cobra, GT40, Corvette,
Camaro, AMX, and their European counter parts, Jaguar, Ferrari, Aston
Martin, at al. We want the great Datsun racers and let's see the Triumph
TR7 & 8's show up so we can relive those great challenges. Hey you two
stoke guys, Sonnett's Quantum's. Monte Carlo's here's a place to romp. All
Saab 99's are invited. How about some V12 E types or some MKII sedans.
Volvo anyone? Formula 2 and 3?  Offy powered Indy cars? How about a Lincoln
Mexican Carrera car! Where are my little Fiats and my big Alfa's?
  Austin - Healey, MG, Sunbeam, Talbot, Nash, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, (we
have a BMW/Porsche Challenge going on that allows much newer ones of these.
Though we have some great classes for 2002's.
   Look, for $250.00 (100% tax deductible) you will not race anywhere this
year that will give you as much fun, track time and a general good feeling
and help people less fortunate than yourselves.
  So come on out, bring the family and join me and the rest of the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association in celebrating this festival of
speed with the kick off Historic Races at BeaveRun

Thanks

Ralph Steinberg
PVGPA Director of Competition BeaveRun Historics

For more info you can go to www.cloverleaf-auto.com and click the vintage
racing button (just follow the links) or/and go to www.vrgonline.org