Re: MG TD Engine update (sticking valves)

To: "Jerry Burr" <zero260@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: MG TD Engine update (sticking valves)
From: "Steve Hammatt" <gsteve@Hammatt.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:39:38 -0700
Jerry
I'm not positive with sticking valves, but I do know the with
sticky lifters I had tried MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) with some
success, but it never cured the problem in my '65 Corvair.
It was suggested that I had some Rislone oil additive to my
crankcase........which I did.  I added 1/2 qt to the existing
oil and before I could back out of the garage, the sticking
valves disappeared...........never to return!  I'm sold!  Also
recently had my 6.0L 2500HD GMC pickup started to
'tick' when starting up.  I used the remaining 1/2 quart in
the big V8 and it instantly went away.  I'm sold!
Steve