Re: Watkins Glen posters

To: "Bob Williams" <ibexbob@ptd.net>, "Michael Lawton"
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen posters
From: "Charley Braum" <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:20:30 -0400
    On another tip I spoke earlier to the folks at the Watkins Glen Shop -
after some consultation, they decided that there really never was a complete
'set', although they said they do have a few on the walls just for display
(not for sale) that do not exactly match the description of the ones I
received but are 'historic posters' (confused yet??).

    I can't imagine going through all the trouble of setting up a company,
"The Watkins Glen Poster Company" and obtaining copyrights so as to be able to
publish only two photographs that, except for the Watkins Glen connection, are
pretty much unrelated - but that's just me.

    Does anyone know anything about Dennis R. Mahon (copyright holder) and/or
William Green ("historical reference assistance provided by ---"). The poster
copyright dates are both '1993'.

    Sorry if this is off-topic, but a good mystery (and a screwball reason to
go to Watkins Glen) gets my attention almost every time.

    Regards,

   CB