vtr

RE: VTR Information

To: amace%PWMS1@email.mot.com (Receipt Notification Requested)
Subject: RE: VTR Information
From: Ceraldi-ERC004_Richard%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Date: 10 Oct 95 13:38:27 -0500
Andrew,
     The car was built December 1970. It is a 1971 GT6 MKIII comm no. KF 166 L.
I bought it in 1972  with 18,000 miles on it (in Texas). It looked brand new
when I bought it. The color is Signal Red with a black interior and white
headliner. Pure stock with a Delco distributor, 4 speed gearbox, transverse
leaf
spring, and rotoflex rear axles.
     Four years ago the laquer paint gave out so I  stripped it down to the
frame, media blasted the old paint off, and had a place in Dallas respray it
the
original color inside and out with a German basecoat clearcoat paint (Specks
Heckle) . This took a total of 5 months, 2 of that was spent at the paint shop
being blocked and faired. I was afraid if it enden up in boxes I woild forget
where everything went.
It now has 139,000 miles on it and it and it is in perfect shape. Not to brag
but it is probably one of the few in the country brought up to this condition.
Which is a shame because they are great cars.
     The only thing possibly out of the ordinary is I never have had any
electrical problems or been stranded in the 120K+ miles I have driven (knock on
wooden dash). These have included high speed, non-stop drives (except for gas)
from San Antonio,TX to Cheyanne, Wyoming, Wichata Fall, TX to Phoenix, AZ and
many dashes across Texas.
     I believe if it is going to sit in a garage and not be used except for car
shows then you are really missing the true purpose of having a Triumph. I
really
enjoy racing around the Hill Country around Austin where I now live.
Nice hearing from you,
Richard Ceraldi
erc004@email.mot.com