vtr

Insurance Question for Antique Autos

Subject: Insurance Question for Antique Autos
From: Steve Skolnik <sskolnik@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:06:54 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Being a newbie to the world of vintage cars (bought my '75 TR6 a few
months ago), I am wondering if other list members will share experiences
and advice regarding how to insure the car.  Currently I have it insured
on my regular Allstate policy along with my other car, however I have
read that antique auto insurance is much cheaper.  A little research in
VTR magazine and on the WWW gave some company names, and I have a few
quotes which are 1/2 again cheaper than what I am paying Allstate.  Does
anybody have good or bad stories to tell about a particulary company or
about this type of coverage?