vtr

Re: Insurance Question for Antique Autos

Subject: Re: Insurance Question for Antique Autos
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:49:59 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
This may not apply since it relates to Canadian insurers, but for 30 years
I had one of my cars insured with my regualr carrier (like Allstate). When
I switched to a classic car carrier, with appraisal, the appraiser told me
that prior to the classic carrier, if my garage burned down with both LBC
cars in it, I would receive more money for my tools than I would for the
two cars! I am now paying half of what I paid for one car before, to cover
two cars! If there is a total loss, I get the appraised value. There are no
limits on mileage...I must have another car that is my everyday transport
and I only use the car for social driving and club events.

Keith Stewart