vtr

Re: Safety Records

To: BigOldWumper@aol.com, vtr-admin@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Records
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:15:49 EDT
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/16/2001 5:45:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BigOldWumper@aol.com writes:

> Hello. I was wondering if you knew where I could look to find old  safety
> records for a TR4A. I have my heart set on my father's old Triumph, and was
> planning on restoring it, but my mother is convinced that it is too
> dangerous. If you have any information at all regarding the safety of old
> Triumphs (possibly in comparison to other cars) , or know where I could
> look
> to find it, please let me know, thanks.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond to your question. I'm personally not
aware of any documentation along these lines. I do recall reading a newspaper
article many, many years ago where the New York State Department of Motor
Vehicles had done some sort of study of accidents in New York. The article
mentioned Triumph as, statistically (for whatever that's worth), one of the
safer automobiles.

With this reply I'm copying some e-mail lists for The Vintage Triumph
Register. Perhaps one of our members will have some information?

Meanwhile, I hope your mother will relent and allow you to restore and enjoy
your father's TR4A. Maybe if you a: mention to her that your Triumph was one
of the earlier cars to have an impact-absorbing, telescopic column (FACT);
and b: promise always to wear seat belts and maintain the car properly....

:-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list
///  Send list postings to vtr@autox.team.net