vtr

Re: A reply to the Pete Gorh saga

To: <StuCohen@aol.com>, <TriStagReg@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <vtr@autox.team.net>, <autojumble@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A reply to the Pete Gorh saga
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:56:12 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
I basically wanted to do exactly
> what you did...get one cut to the code, see if it matched, and then order
> more if it did.  Thing is, I never even got one cut to the code to be able
> see if it matched in the first place.

Ok- suppose you get the original blank hand cut to code. You get it back, it
doesn't work. Then what? Complain it doesn't work and demand another free to
replace the blank you used to get hand cut?

Why not just ask Pete to compare the original you have(or copy thereof) to
one of the ones he has with the number matching the original key code.(He
has a lot of keys for reproduction purposes and to find out what fits each
lock when necessary) Provided he has a sample, of course.

Don't lecture me on restorations... Currently, I have a Herald in almost as
many pieces as one is able to dissect them into, and I have spent a long
time researching details, so everything is correct. Then I intend to change
a few things to suit my tastes. I can understand being uptight about things,
but I really wouldn't sweat the keys, unless a Concours judge is planning to
mic them out to check against your cert. At which point you are allowed to
whomp them.  Enjoy the key- it works. If you're going to be anal about cars,
there are things worth getting upset over. Engine numbers. Tranny covers.
Interiors. Not keys.

Have a fun day.
Scott

///