vtr

Re: Monza Exhaust

To: jehcar@hotmail.com, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monza Exhaust
From: CWNicholls@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:59:22 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2002 7:58:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Herald948@aol.com writes:

> > I am wondering if anyone out ther has had some experience with Monza
> Exhaust
> >
> > systems and what they think of them.  I got one for my Triumph Spitfire
> Mk3
> >
> > (I can't remember the part number) and I am not sure I am all that happy
> > with it.  For one thing it is much louder than I thought it would be.
> But,
> >
> > what really disappoints me is that after only 4months there is a rattle
> > coming from the rearmost resonator as if something inside were loose.
> Has
> > anyone else had this problem with Monza or whoever makes Monza now?
>
> I would have to say that your experience pretty much mirrors the experience
> had with a Monza on a Spitfire 1500 (probably the same system). Also, my
> experience was that the system wasn't terribly long-lived.
>
> --Andy

I had one for 2 weeks on my 1300 "worked on" Spitfire engine with headers.
I HATED it!  Way too loud, you could tell the throttle position by the
racket.
Attracted the police in Stockbridge on one drive to Lime Rock.
If you like to wear earplugs, go for it.

Of course, that was probably 20 years ago when my ears still worked.

We're all in this together.
Clark

"Reality... it's not what you think."

Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
www.cwnicholls.com
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419, provided free by www.efax.com)
phone: 413-243-3433
I have the latest McAfee virus scanning software active at all times.

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list
///