vtr

Doug Hitzig VTR trophy information wanted

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Doug Hitzig VTR trophy information wanted
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:41:04 -0600
Cc: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
I have acquired an old VTR trophy. I'd like to learn more about its history. It is supposed to be a trophy awarded to Doug Hitzig at a VTR national convention.

Doug Hitzig -
Lived in Long Island New York until 1991 then moved to Florida.
He drove a green TR-8 Convertible and was very active in the Long Island VTR.
He died in 1999 at age 43 from complications in open-heart surgery.
I believe I found a tribute to him and others called "silent keys" in a Florida ham-radio club website.

The trophy is a large metal mug or capless stein about 6 inches high and 5 inches in diameter at the bottom. There is a large integral handle. In the "right-hand inprint" area are cast the words "the vintage triumph register" and "1st" surrounding a wreath surrounding the Triumph globe. Material is Wilton Armetale according to the little booklet which came with it. The booklet carries a copyright date of 1983.

I'd like to know when and where this trophy was awarded and for what.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php? set_albumName=philethier

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

=== This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
=== http://www.vtr.org