zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] CL Magnette <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] CL Magnette <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: charles durning <durningcharles@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 08:40:34 -0500

--001a1135eb6ce2869904e9a50204

I don't have a problem with a stated value.  Just come to terms about the
value and pay the premiums.  I've insured several cars with a stated value
and we have always come to a figure with which I have been happy.   I have
my Chick Magnette insured with Hagerty.  We discussed the condition of the
car as a barn find that still has a barn find patina.  After sending
several pics of the car and the garage we agreed on a stated value and
coverage for $110 per year.  I would gladly sell my car for the stated
value.  Though I would be disappointed if the car were to be totaled I
would be happy with the settlement.

Charlie Durning

If you are using Google or Gmail, Big Brother is watching.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Mike <mikesmuseum@yahoo.com> wrote:

> SteveT, I'm with you except for one thing - value for repair or
> replacement after an accident or other incident.
>
> If nice Magnettes were trading at around $10K, while they cost upwards of
> $20K to get to that condition, you can be in a bind even with a stated
> value policy. Is your underwriter going to go for you asking for $25K of
> coverage for a car that trades for $10K? Perhaps not.
>
> But if the cars are trading in the $20K range, or to put it another way,
> trading at a price that approximates what it would cost to duplicate the
> car, getting them properly insured becomes easier.
>
> I'm not even going to consider the super-deluxe cars out there, the ones
> with A/C, breathed-upon motors, and so on.
>
> I don't think the sedans will ever be as popular or pricey as the sports
> cars, for all the same reasons that the sedans were widely outsold by the
> sports cars when they were new. I've never really understood that, but
> that's how it is. I have both a ZB and an MGA, and the ZB is the much nicer
> (& rarer!) car. Go figure.
>
> Mike

> On Fri, 10/25/13, Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] CL Magnette
>  To: "List for the Z Magnette Group - North America" <
> zmagnette@autox.team.net>, "List for the Z Magnette Group - North
> America" <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
>  Date: Friday, October 25, 2013, 3:44 PM
>
>  I think I'm in the minority on
>  this.  I do not sit around hoping values go up.  I
>  would be very happy if all kinds of exotic cars were selling
>  for peanuts.  I would have one of each.  When
>  values really soar, the cars become harder to keep.
>  Parts prices get crazy.  Insurance becomes more of an
>  issue.  And the temptation to make money pushes you to
>  sell.  Now you've made a great investment, you have
>  taken a tidy profit, but you don't get to enjoy your car
>  anymore.  Sure, I understand that if you are planning
>  on selling, higher market prices mean you'll do
>  better.  I get that.  I plan on keeping my car
>  forever.  I know it may not work out that way.
>  There are a thousand unforeseen circumstances that can
>  change that tomorrow.  But with a "keep it forever"
>  mentality, I don't care that much about its worth.
>
>  -Steve T.
>

>  At 09:32 AM 10/25/2013, charles durning wrote:
>  > I hope he gets it also.  We need to keep the value
>  of our cars on the rise.
>  >
>  > Charlie Durning
>  >

--001a1135eb6ce2869904e9a50204

me to terms about the value and pay the premiums.=A0 I&#39;ve insured sever=
al cars with a stated value and we have always come to a figure=A0with whic=
h I have been happy. =A0 I have my Chick Magnette insured with Hagerty.=A0 =
We discussed the condition of the car as a barn find that still has a barn =
find patina.=A0 After sending several=A0pics of the car and the garage we a=
greed on a stated value and coverage for $110 per year.=A0 I would gladly s=
ell my car for the stated value.=A0 Though I would be disappointed if the c=
ar were to be totaled I would be happy with the settlement.=A0 </div>
hing.</font></div>
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mikesmuseum@yahoo.com"; target=3D"_bla=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">
SteveT, I&#39;m with you except for one thing - value for repair or replace=
ment after an accident or other incident.<br>
If nice Magnettes were trading at around $10K, while they cost upwards of $=
20K to get to that condition, you can be in a bind even with a stated value=
 policy. Is your underwriter going to go for you asking for $25K of coverag=
e for a car that trades for $10K? Perhaps not.<br>

But if the cars are trading in the $20K range, or to put it another way, tr=
ading at a price that approximates what it would cost to duplicate the car,=
 getting them properly insured becomes easier.<br>
I&#39;m not even going to consider the super-deluxe cars out there, the one=
s with A/C, breathed-upon motors, and so on.<br>
I don&#39;t think the sedans will ever be as popular or pricey as the sport=
s cars, for all the same reasons that the sedans were widely outsold by the=
 sports cars when they were new. I&#39;ve never really understood that, but=
 that&#39;s how it is. I have both a ZB and an MGA, and the ZB is the much =
nicer (&amp; rarer!) car. Go figure.<br>

Mike<br>
--------------------------------------------<br>
On Fri, 10/25/13, Steven Trovato &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:strovato@optonline.n=
et">strovato@optonline.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
=A0Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] CL Magnette<br>
=A0To: &quot;List for the Z Magnette Group - North America&quot; &lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:zmagnette@autox.team.net";>zmagnette@autox.team.net</a>&gt;, &qu=
ot;List for the Z Magnette Group - North America&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:zmagnette@autox.team.net">zmagnette@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>

=A0Date: Friday, October 25, 2013, 3:44 PM<br>
=A0I think I&#39;m in the minority on<br>
=A0this.=A0 I do not sit around hoping values go up.=A0 I<br>
=A0would be very happy if all kinds of exotic cars were selling<br>
=A0for peanuts.=A0 I would have one of each.=A0 When<br>
=A0values really soar, the cars become harder to keep.=A0<br>
=A0Parts prices get crazy.=A0 Insurance becomes more of an<br>
=A0issue.=A0 And the temptation to make money pushes you to<br>
=A0sell.=A0 Now you&#39;ve made a great investment, you have<br>
=A0taken a tidy profit, but you don&#39;t get to enjoy your car<br>
=A0anymore.=A0 Sure, I understand that if you are planning<br>
=A0on selling, higher market prices mean you&#39;ll do<br>
=A0better.=A0 I get that.=A0 I plan on keeping my car<br>
=A0forever.=A0 I know it may not work out that way.=A0<br>
=A0There are a thousand unforeseen circumstances that can<br>
=A0change that tomorrow.=A0 But with a &quot;keep it forever&quot;<br>
=A0mentality, I don&#39;t care that much about its worth.<br>
=A0-Steve T.<br>
=A0At 09:32 AM 10/25/2013, charles durning wrote:<br>
=A0&gt; I hope he gets it also.=A0 We need to keep the value<br>
=A0of our cars on the rise.<br>
=A0&gt;<br>
=A0&gt; Charlie Durning<br>
=A0&gt;<br>