[6pack] Seat belts

samuelsma at aol.com samuelsma at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 14:06:14 MDT 2008

Doug:

I purchased the replacement seat belts from TRF for my '76 when they went on sale several months ago.? The belts are of high quality and were very quick to install, using all the original mounting points.? The retractors work fine.? The only negatives is that they don't use a "stalk" from the trans tunnel, instead just bolting on down low and having webbing connecting the working part to the tunnel.? The length of that part is adjustable, however, allowing you to cinch the belts at the waist very easily.? The second negative is that the actual buckle is very finicky.? On both sides, it just has to be jiggled until it clasps securely.? I'm used to it by now, but a better design would have prevented this problem.

I think I paid about $175 on sale, but it might have been less.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
Miami