[6pack] Clutch situation

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:55:26 MDT 2008

Gary,
Just in case, I suggest that anyone practice the fine art of shifting with no
clutch. Difficult to describe if you've never done it. It's easy to get the
RPM matched right for upshift, a bit tricker to downshift but this isn't
really necessary anyway, just showing off. (This requires a bit of a rev up at
just he right point to match the lower gear) Now taking off from stopped means
cutting if off and putting it in first, and start-and-go. Not easy on the
starter, but better than nothing in a pinch. Technique has gotten me home
plenty of times. I believe this is a common truck driver technique to save
clutch wear-n-tare.

Sloane :)
69-Six

We continued on our way with the clutch working perfectly for> the rest of the
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > 6pack at autox.team.net>
You are subscribed as im_sloane at hotmail.com