[6pack] Crankase breather strategy when Strombergs are replaced

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Tue Jul 8 15:00:46 MDT 2008

Hi Henri, I was just chatting with Bob Lang about this rough road problem the
other day and one thing we talked about in addition to your list was the
linkage. I have a Cannon manifold and linkage. I would say the manifold is
adequate and the linkage leaves a lot to be desired. One thing you could try
as an experiment is install a fairly strong spring as a supplemental throttle
return just in case the thrashing is due to the linkage bouncing around. I
know on mine that it takes very little movement on the linkage to create a
significant change in the throttles.

I have a rod and bell crank arrangement and could add a second spring between
the vertical arm of the crank and the engine mount for example.

FYI correct throttle configuration and return has been one of my ongoing
"issues".

No problem re the jetting, I imagine there will be a lot of difference between
your settings and mine at approx 5 feet above sea level..

Stan