[6pack] Crankase breather strategy when Strombergs are replaced

Henri Lefebvre 75teer6 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:45:24 MDT 2008

Stan,

I will begin with a disclaimer! I live at 3,500' altitude, and often
drive in the Rockies at up to 5,000'.
When I bought the car, the previous owner had installed the Webers but
never adjusted to our altitude. The carbs were rebuilt and adjusted in
2001 and my recollection is that the current jets are 2 sizes smaller
than the original sea level jets. At this time I do not recall the
size of the jets or air tubes. I will check when I have a moment.
On the chassis dyno the the engine runs at near optimum air/fuel ratio.

At this time the only issue I have is that the engine stumbles and
bucks when I drive on rough roads. I have not yet found the cause. The
next steps to try to solve this issue are:
1 - Check for possible electrical problems;
2 - Check/adjust fuel pressure;
3 - Change float valves, again;
4 - Change throttle from TR6 rods to cable;

Suggestions???

Henri