[6pack] Brake pipe sealant?

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Tue Jul 15 19:01:14 MDT 2008

Dave, the seal is made by the shaped end of the pipe mating with the seat in
the valve and the threaded sleeve is just to apply compression. There should
be no sealant required and if a joint was found to be leaking, that needs to
be resolved a different way as leaks at any brake pipe joint would be a bad
thing.

Stan