[6pack] vintage car market

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue Jul 29 11:42:03 MDT 2008

Hi,

You ask: has the car market gotten soft? As of 6 months ago, pundits would
have you believe that things are as strong as ever. But, and not unlike
the "downturn" in the late 80's, the dominos eventually did fall. I have a
hunch that with free and easy cash drying up at the very least the prices
will fall back some (obviously depending on the car in question) and that
may have already started.

Bottom line: thank the Gods that you don't have $1m in your car because
with the exception of the truely rare automobile, those cars will lose $$$
while the economy shales out.

Me - I never think of cars as an investment. I think of them as FUN. Of
course I never sell them either, they usually go away on the end of the
hook or to the shredder... but that's another conversation.

rml