[6pack] valve cover question

trsix74 at comcast.net trsix74 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 09:06:13 MDT 2008

No mention was made to doing the inside. It is the oil that is in the crevacies, which is most difficult to remove hinders the powder coating process because when it gets hot it thins out  and spreads creating issues with adherance. Just taping off with the speacial tape is not enough you need to have it perfect to be of any use. If the powder coating cracks, flakes or chips off, it has not been prepped correctly. Powdercoating can be flexible. I have a set of springs that have been powdercaoted on my TR3 and they do not flake, crack or chip! I have made a color coded brake drum set up with powder coated springs for a display and they dont chip, crack or flake either.