[6pack] Six inch speakers?

James_ TR6 jattr6 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:46:55 MDT 2008

Hello.

Although I opted for building my own boxes to mount speakers on the shelf,
I did one time make my own kidney pads with great success. There are 6 inch
speakers available (if i recall) that have a shallow mounting depth.

What I did to make the pads was start with fiber board from any hardware
store. cut the shape (in my case exact to original specs - but could be made
larger for larger speakers) then with a jig saw i cut the holes.
for padding i used carpet pad. and then vinyl from a fabric store.
worked perfect and looked great. so just got find some shallow mounting depth.

look at crutchfield's web site.

cheers,

james