[6pack] tr6 fuel line

David Friedlander forzion at maine.rr.com
Sat Oct 18 17:56:51 MDT 2008

Oliver;

Are you planning to replace everything from the tank to the carbs or
just from the pump
to the carbs? Are you going to use your electric pump or revert to a
mechanical pump.
There's nothing wrong with rubber hose if you use the right type of line
(after all, these
cars have run pretty well for years using rubber tubing).  Steel can
have some advantages
but there's a bit of bending work involved.

A good bet, going forward, is to keep your tank and filter(s) clean,
replacing the latter yearly...
I just replaced my entire fuel line, running fuel injection hose after
the pump, but other than
that, it's regular rubber fuel line hose from the tank to the carbs [or,
in my case, throttle bodies].
Stainless seems to be overkill, to me...

Dave