[6pack] replacement seat belts TR6

Vsnively at aol.com Vsnively at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 09:40:08 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/20/2008 11:27:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
vance.navarrette at intel.com writes:

Vic:

My conclusion  long ago was that these get removed in very short order
by the DPO. I am  not sure why they get removed, only that they do. My car
didn't have them  at all, and it was not until I replaced the carpeting that I
realized there  was supposed to be something there on the rockers.
I got a pair from British Auto Works just to make the car  more
original, as I really don't use them very often.

Vance

Vance Navarrette
Cogito Ergo Zoom
I think, therefore I go  fast
Sloane,

It's a plastic molded pocket/receiver that's screwed to the  interior
rockers to accept the male spade portion of the seat belt.   It provides an
unused
seat belt a place to "park", giving the  interior  a clean, organized look vs.
having the belts lay on the seat  or floor, or  fall down between the seat and
rocker. If you view the  "parked" belt with the  doors open, you will see the
belt run from the  retractor to the "parker" at a  45-degree (?) angle. If you
open the  door, and they are present in your car,  they will be around  the
halfway point of the door jamb on the interior  side.
These must be commonly missing from a lot of cars. A local TR6   collector
commented at a recent show "Wow, seat belt parkers !" I would  surmise  no one
uses them or they are missing, or perhaps they were  installed on later
models
??

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6  w/AC

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6   w/AC

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your  destination.
Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it  out
6pack at autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as  vance.navarrette at intel.com
6pack at autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as _vsnively at aol.com_ (mailto:vsnively at aol.com)

Hi Vance,

  Thanks for the response.
  I typically only use them at car shows and cruise-ins. I like the  "clean
and organized" look.
  Hey, I'm a neatfreak, and I quit making excuses for it a long time  ago.

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6  w/AC