[6pack] Transmission Wires (O/D interlock switch)

Douglas Morris dcmdcm at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 23:25:01 MST 2009

Hokay, before I install the transmission tunnel, I'd like to make sure I have
all the necessary transmission wires identified for reconnection. When I
disassembled 'em, I put little numbers on 'em, so's I wouldn't screw it up.
(Yeah, I thought it was a good idea, too, knowin' as how it's me an' all.)

Anyway, that all went fine; but there are two short wires with female spade
connectors coming from the "transmission interlock switch" (the one on top)
which don't seem to connect to anything, including my memory as to what they
looked like when I took the tunnel off. They duplicate the wires coming into
the switch (yellow/green) and going down to the solenoid (yellow/purple).
Looks as though you could add a jumper between 'em to bypass the switch.

Photo of the area:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7974/xmissionwiring1.jpg
The connectors in question are in the middle of the pic.
The paper's there to make the wiring clearer, and the other wires were
connected to make sure I hadn't overlooked any unused connectors.

Question is:
- Did I overlook anything?
- If not, what're 'em danged things for, then?

Doug Morris, NC