[6pack] Transmission Wires (O/D interlock switch)

John North johncnorth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:40:42 MST 2009

Some harnesses have duplicate cut out wiring for a second gear switch
in addition to 3/4 gear, IIRC that's for the earlier OD.   Perhaps
that's it.   It's kinda hard to tell from your pics what color the
wires are and where they go.   I spent quite some time with a
continuity tester making sure I understood what all the wires do
before re-installing the cover.   It's a pain to redo (but I did that
anyway).   You could also drive it (carefully) without the cover and
make sure it all works before buttoning it up.   Just make sure you
don't get wrapped in the driveshaft.

John North