[6pack] TRF Summer Party 2010

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 18:06:23 MDT 2010

We just got back from the summer party and are still grinning. Had a wonderful
time as usual. Participated in drag racing, poker run, LeMans start contest,
winery tour, car show, autox, big dinner, and all for around $100 and there
was more stuff we could have done but the days did not have enough hours in
them.  We have been attending this event for about 20 years now and the
general format and the fun level is still the same. What has changed is the
amount of people attending. There is only about a third of the people
attending now as there was in the old days. The drag race and autox events
have a fraction of participants from the early 90's. I pondered this on the
drive back thinking to myself man, there should be a waiting list to get in
this thing for as much fun as we have every year. What has changed over the
years? Is it the economy? Is there just not that many of these old cars
running any more? Has the age of the participants shifted to the point where
doing these types of things with the cars is of no interest any more? Have the
cars become too valuable to drive? What are your thoughts?

Marty