[6pack] Carb Rebuild Story

Brian@asmoothmove.biz brian at asmoothmove.biz
Sat Aug 7 16:43:43 MDT 2010

After just shy of 2 months at Paltech in Ohio, I received my carbs and
manifold back this week. What a relief to find that they ran great right out
of the box. The workmanship and finish are exemplary. If you can afford the
down-time and need similar work done, I highly recommend this company. Those
on the list that recommended this company to me were right.  My only
complaint was that the shipment packaging was no where near the quality I
would expect for my delicate and pricey cargo.  Pictures of carbs and
manifold on my Facebook page.

On a different note, FYI I was able to cure a long-time differential clunk
problem by replacing the side gear bushings (now fiber) and planet gear
bushings (brass) to tighten up this part of the gear train. Installed
pinion/crown gear backlash is .005 average. I was also able to replace a
single cracked carrier bearing cap (I received an entire used unit from Ted
Schumacher - another one I highly recommend). I got lucky because one of the
caps on the unit I received was almost exact in critical dimensions to the
cracked one. I think I dodged a bullet, but time will tell.

Brian J. Alwin
1972 TR6 CC79085