[6pack] POR on threads

Timothy Holbrook tjh173 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 08:58:58 MDT 2010

Guys - my brother has a GT6 and recently had his floors replaced.  Body shop
used POR on the floors, which is great stuff as we all know - BUT...some POR
seems to have made its way to the captive nuts for the seat mounts, seatbelt
mounts, etc, and he's having a tough time getting the bolts to thread.  He's
understandably worried about stripping the threads.

Thoughts on how best
to resolve this?  Just go slowly and lube the threads as he
goes?  Or is
there something he can use to try to clean the POR off the threads
beforehand?

Tim Holbrook