[6pack] wheel trim ring set

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Tue Jan 5 17:37:27 MST 2010

At 12:15 PM 1/5/2010, Stuart wrote:

>I want to replace my old scratched up & dented wheel trim rings. VB is
>currently advertising a special price for a set.
>Are these any good or would I be better off looking around the internet for
>something original?

The VB ones (and probably all after-market ones) appear to be the
stainless steel type,
offered by most vendors.  I have a set for one of my cars and they
look pretty good, for the price.
But I agree with Jim Jones that they don't look as good as the
originals.  Originals were aluminum, have a different
sheen, and are a bit wider.  Jim's suggestion to get the originals
'rebuilt' is interesting.... If someone does it,
let us know the results!

Glenn/San Diego
74 and 74.5