[6pack] Q on the Speedo

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Sun Jan 10 15:25:37 MST 2010

	The turns per mile are printed on the face of the speedo in teensy weensy
numbers at the bottom of the speedo. It is possible that you have the wrong
speedo in your car, as there were at least two different speedos on the later
(chrome rimmed) speedos as I recall.
	I do not know about the earlier black rimmed speedos, if there was only one
calibration or if there were more.

	Possible sources of error: Wrong speedo as mentioned above. Wrong speedo
pinion gear (in tranny at the end of the cable). Wrong size tires (205-70
should be ok). Wrong final drive ratio (unlikely), speedo miscalibrated.

	Vance

      Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast