[6pack] Lug Nuts

Dwayne Cooper dc_bruin at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:50:38 MST 2010

Gang:

Out driving today (Southern California weather) and nearly lost a wheel.  I
heard a thunking noise and pulled over to find that the lug nuts on my left
rear were loose.  I haven't done any work on the car in quite a while and have
been driving a fair bit so I don't know how they came to be loose.  I suppose
they could have been poorly tightened after some forgotten maintenence but
that must have been a while ago.  I have standard steel wheels and lugnuts --
do these things tend to loosen over time or is it just me?

Thanks (and lucky),

Dwayne

'74 tr6