[6pack] Would you value a RHD PI TR6 over the NA version?

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue Jan 19 04:38:08 MST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, ed wrote:

> Robert wrote::
>
>> As far as the value for competition, um, I can say with 100% certainty that
>> this assertion is not true (in the US). In the US, an RHD as a competition
>> car has ZERO value unless it was a race car prior to July 1983 (per SCCA
>> GCR). I know this because

Hi Ed.

> It would appear that automotive tastes and opinions are far different in
> other parts of North America.

That must be. There was a RHD PI TR6 for sale in New Brunswick back in the
90's. It was listed in Hemming Motor News for about a year before it sold.
This was at the height of the UK prices for TR6s (ratty TR6s were selling
in the UK for about 5k pounds at the time) and the seller in Canada was
looking for about $5k CA. That was better than a 50% discount to what
the car would sell for in the UK. The car sold to someone in the US
(Vermont, I think). And this one was a driver, it ran and drove.

I guess my point is that there is no premium for RHD TR6's from my direct
experience. Sorry if that indicates some sort of offensinve opinion.

> I am not in the US (thankfully), and I
> probably should have printed that in block letters.

I think that the reason I qualified my statement was that I know you're
from Canada. It appears you have some dislike for the US, and I'm sorry to
hear that.

> Ed

regards,
rml