[6pack] Choke Cable

Tom Note tom628 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 21:02:53 MST 2010

Hi Glenn:
I had a similar issue, so I added a 3rd choke cable to the center carb. I
used just an inexpensive choke cable from one of the local auto parts
stores, and mounted the pull handle just to the right of the plinth on the
under side of the dash.
It works great. You have to pull both knobs,but it's only during starting,
of course, so I don't see that as a problem.
Just  one other point: mine was never really hard to start with only choke
on 2 carbs. I put the 3rd choke on to maybe make it even easier and also
just for a balanced mixture. You might want to make sure your mixture is OK.
BTW, mine is a '76 with the later manifold but I don't think that should
make a difference.

HTH,Tom