[6pack] Brake MC Off - Need to take off Booster?

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon Mar 8 10:13:49 MST 2010

 	Bruce:

	I replaced mine with a rebuilt, since I could see that the MC had a blowout
prior to my purchase, and I did not know if the PO had addressed the booster
or not (it looked like he had not).
	Check the booster for brake fluid, if it is clean then you probably need not
do anything. If you find a puddle of brake fluid inside it, then need to
decide how to proceed. Me, I would toss a rebuilt on there as a matter of
course, but that is me. Others would feel perfectly comfortable cleaning it,
and reinstalling. There is no reason that I know of to think that the fluid
would damage the booster as far as I know. Others can correct me if I am
wrong.
	There is a large stiff spring on the booster that will make disassembly and
reassembly difficult for the average shade tree mechanic. I have not tried it
myself. I opted for a professional rebuild simply because the kit costs almost
as much as a rebuilt booster.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Knowledge is power.