[6pack] Rear Springs, part 2

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Mar 19 18:37:43 MST 2010

Steve---Sometimes I leave out the obvious, and hear about it! I will now add that one should jack up the rear and place jack stands under the frame. Then, place a jack under the trailing arm to slightly compress the rear spring. This will make taking off the nut that holds the shock link in place easier. Once the shock link is disconnected, lower the jack and the trailing arm will drop.
After installing the new spring, you'll need to place the jack under the t-arm again to reconnect the shock link.

Dick