[6pack] Rear Springs

Steve Kirsis sakirsis at consolidated.net
Sun Mar 21 11:28:32 MST 2010

Hi guys, What I thought was going to be an easy job has turned a bit sour. The
replacement rear shocks from TRF for my '70 6 are about 1.5 lbs heavier than
the ones I am replacing. It has been fruitless so far as the new one with the
uprated pads will just not got in. A spring compressor is not suppose to be
necessary but I see no way round it. The springs from TRF are marked green and
red. Stock rear springs. I have the TA lowered as far as possible with the hub
adjusted to its lowest. Any secrets? I have always wanted a spring compressor.
Steve Kirsis, '70 Damson, '75 Pimento.