[6pack] Race Car Problem

michael lunsford mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 13:11:39 MST 2010

Chuck,

Have you considered whether or not the new dizzy and crane setup calls for a
ballasted or non ballasted coil.  I recently had my dizzy rebuilt by Advanced
Distributors (NFI) and had him install the pertronix insert installed he was
doing the rebuild.  The guy (sorry don't racall who but he did a great Job)
wanted me to be sure that I had the proper coil installed since I told him I
had problems with Pertronix ignitions in the past.  My 1970 came with an
unballasted ignition setup which he said probably provided too much voltage to
the pertronix setup and burnt it out.  The symptoms you described are the same
as I observed on the old setup that went bad.  Good luck.

Mike Lunsford