[6pack] Frame Rehab Advice

Jerry C Shaw slowtoaccept at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 16:38:34 MST 2010

Do it frame off body, not frame on.

Sandblast frame and inspect with a magnifying glass. Determine weak spots and
have a welder at your side. Frame kits are useful (Brit sources are better
than US, e.g. RIMMER etc.) Under T-shirt an issue. Tony Vigliotti (RATCO) will
be the first to agree that re-doing your old frame is the least expensive.
Cracks in shock towers can be an issue. My bids were in the $1800 range for a
welding refurb, even with kits. Yours may be much less, but it requires
expertise.

Jerry Shaw http://www.triumphowners.com/977