[6pack] Speaking of flywheels

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Nov 19 14:02:16 MST 2010

Doug---The three pins are for aligning the clutch, but ordinarily don't need to be removed after doing so. They should be in the flywheel tight enough to hold fast. You should find the new pins very tight, unless the flywheel holes have opened up for some reason. The clamping pressure of the six clutch-to-flywheel bolts should relieve the pins from doing any holding work.
Of course the clutch alignment tool should slip in and out easily after the clutch bolts are tightened.

Dick