[6pack] Fender Help?

John Cyganowski janah at att.net
Sat Oct 23 09:22:24 MDT 2010

The front fenders are off.  The left one has some rust damage to the
headlight region.  The rocker portion of that fender has rusted before and
been repained with filler.

The right fender has a moderate amount of rust in the headlight area and the
rocker portion is pretty well gone.

What are my options here?

I suppose Heritage fenders are an option, but at >$600 each, that is a lot
of money.  I have heard unsubstanciated rumors that these are made with
thinner gauge metal and that the detail is soft and that they don't fit
well.  Yet the vendors all describe these as OEM fenders that fit well and
are the same as the originals.Can anyone comment?

Sourcing used fender is a littlle problematic - these are going to be hard
to find without rust.  I have seen some used fenders selling for all most as
much money as the new ones. Commnets?

I think I have seen that the rocker area on the TR250 fenders can be
purchased as a "clip". Looks like Moss in the EU used to have clips for the
TR6 but now these seem to be NLA?  Commnets?

Fiberglass fenders are not an option for me on this car.

Any help would be appreciated!

John Cyg
CC52927LO
Damson